Penny for your thoughts

I recently purchased some pond penny, which I have assumed is Lysimachia
nummularia. In trying to find out more about this plant in APD and
elsewhere on the net, I have found several references to a terrestrial,
flowering pond penny, also L. nummularia. Does anyone know if this is
the
same plant, a variety of the same plant, or a completely different
species? (The plant in my aquarium does not look as if it would survive
out of water, but then, it hasn't grown to the surface yet.) Just
curious. :/

Doug
in New Haven, where it's 75 and trying to rain