Connecting Airline to 2L Bottles Easily

You may be able to get everything you need to connect airline to coke
bottles at your local drug store/ pharmacy.  This might help those who
don't have access to a chemical supply house.

My local pharmacy carries a product called, I think, "Pediadose" or
something like that.  (I can get the exact name and manufacturer if anyone
is interested.  There are likely other, equivalent brands)  It is
inexpensive.

The package contains a rubber stopper and a plastic syringe.

The stopper is just big enough to seal the top of a two litre bottle.  The
end of the syringe that goes in the hole can be cut off from the body of
the syringe (using scissors - its just soft plastic) and stuck part-way,
wrong-way round into the stopper. The protruding end is just the right
size to accept airline tubing.  The seal is gas tight at DIY CO2
pressures and there is no need for silicon sealant.  I have used this
method and it works great.

To help you describe this at the pharmacy:
The product is intended to be used to fill a plastic syringe with medicine
for babies.  (Babies don't take medicine off a spoon very well, so you use
the syringe to squirt the medicine into the baby's mouth.)  To fill the
syringe, you put a rubber stopper in the medicine bottle, stick the
syringe in a hole in the stopper, invert the whole works and fill the
syringe.

Paul Chapman
Saskatoon, SK