Proper pH

Just a note to all re: Proper pH by American Pharmaceuticals Inc. Some
especially Paul K. will remember the problem I had after putting this
stabilizer in my 55g planted tank to raise the KH buffer. ( I now read 100ppm
CO2) After repeated water changes the excessive buffer is gone and I now read
the CO2 and KH properly (pun intended ;-D).

API has been informed about the problem and will include warnings about using
the product in their next packaging run.

See Jim Layton's column on freshwater on Aqualink

Best to you.
Ric Cooney