Black Magic Sandblasting Sand

: brennans at ix_netcom.com wrote:   <<<Black Magic Sandblasting Sand>>>>

I got a bag of it a while ago, and after I took it home I realized that it
looks too artificial for my taste. Mine is called Black Beauty, but it
sounds very similar to yours. Just as a preliminary toxicity test, I mixed
some of it with pool filter sand for a no-tech 55 gal. tank I was setting
up. Actually, I first tried it in a container with a few snails, with no
problems. Anyway, this tank has been running now for about six months, and
there appears to be no problem.  It is however only about 5% of the
substrate. By the way, I also could not find sandblasting sand, but I found
the one for pool filters to be excellent.

Dionigi