Red Plant light requirements.

Neil wrote:

>Karen, we compared my low light macrandra to you high light one (Karen uses
>5 bulbs compared to my 2). They had similar color, didn't they?

Yes they did.  The big difference is that I couldn't grow R. macrandra at
all in my harder water without CO2 and stronger light.  With CO2, strong
light and planted in soil (also necessary with my water) it grows like
crazy.  It seems I can have either all or nothing... I'll live with having
to prune regularly, thank you!<g>  OTOH, I have _not tried it with soil,
CO2 and lower light, since I don't have a tank set up like that.  Hmmm.

Karen Randall
Aquatic Gardeners Association