[Prev][Next][Index]

Re: Automated water changes (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 6 Dec 1996 09:48:59 -0800
From: amc2 at ix_netcom.com
To: Aquatic-Plants-Owner at ActWin_com
Subject: Re:  Automated water changes

Keith:

I have been using the "Automatic Aquarium Water Changer" for years.  We
have good water and plants do very well -- good buffering qualities plus
CO2 added continually about one bubble every 5 seconds.  I do not run it
all the time, but I do it several times a week for a few hours each time.
It changes 5 gallons per hour (in a 70 gallon aquarium).  FWIW, the
plants are fabulous!

I add "Flora-Boost" (iron and manganese)weekly as directed on bottle with
fluoresceent lighting.

I got the same results running it 8 hours per day, but I just don't do
this now!  Just as written above.

I love the gadget as I can enjoy my aquarium while the water is
automatically being changed.

Good luck!

Merrill