[Prev][Next][Index]

CO2 regulators - naive question (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 06 Dec 1996 10:13:00 -0500 (EST)
From: DIONIGI MALADORNO <MALADORD%A1%RNISD0 at mr_nut.roche.com>
Subject: CO2 regulators - Naive question
To: AQUATIC PLANTS <Aquatic-Plants at ActWin_com>

Since it's a "hot" topic, I was wondering if any of the people who have
experience with DIY regulators with needle valve and solenoid valve feel
that the total expenses and work required for buying the individual
components provides substantial economic or technical advantage over buying
a user-ready hydroponic-grade one. It is possible in fact to find them for
~$150, which is more than DIY but far less than what asked by Dupla.
 I have one made by Diamond (1-800-331-3994) that, besides needing some glue
to fix the
knob of the needle valve, has been working very well for 2 years. Another
model (made in China) sold by an aquatic plant mail order company (Nature
Aquarium,
or something like that) is OK but not easy to finely regulate at first.
I just want to make sure that people not too familiar with this issue are
aware of all the options available.

Dionigi