[Prev][Next][Index]

Re: CRI?

>Ok, I haven't spent the time studying this that some of you have, so anyone
>care to explain what CRI stands for and what it means?

CRI stands for Color Rendering Index. It refers to how true-to-life colors
are rendered under a particular light.

"Color rendering is measured on an index from 0-100, with natural daylight
and incandescent lighting both equal to 100. Objects and people viewed
under lamps with a high color rendering index appear more true to life. In
addition, high CRI light sources tend to produce a higher perceived level
of light, which helps make them more energy effective." (Philips Lighting,
Lamp Specification and Application Guide)

Greg. Tong
San Francisco, CA, USA
gtong at sirius_com

"Every infinity is composed of only two halves."