[Prev][Next][Index]

Re: DIY Problems

On Fri, 26 Jan 1996 03:39:02 -0500 you wrote:
>It simply seems to me that the pressure and flow are highly correlated. The
>package that the FROG came with states it is preset at 22SCFH. Hence, the
>regulator will try to keep the flow constant.  Even if my needle valve
>causes back pressure, it would build up and increase the bubble rate from
>what it was previously set at.
>Tyson Lee

>Tyson, if you doubt what I say, try tank+FROG+gauge+needle-valve in that order
>and close the needle valve.  The gauge will rise to 800PSI or so.  CFM is not
>pressure, it is flow.  The FROG is a Flow Regulator, not a pressure regulator.
>Flow and pressure are highly correlated, stop the flow and the pressure will go
>through the roof.  Don't injure yourself, use proper equipment.
>
>Dave Gomberg, Experimenta      San Francisco CA USA   gomberg at wcf_com

In no way, do I doubt your claim.  I understand that it is a _flow_ regulator and
not a pressure regulator. I used some compression fittings for the tubing connection
to the needle valve and it seems to be very reliable thus far.  If I could afford a
regulator at them moment, I would get one.  However, I cannot.  For the time being
the setup I have will have to do. I will heed your warning and I thank you for the
advice.

Tyson Lee