[Prev][Next][Index]

Re: Aquatic Plants Digest V1 #214

On Fri, 26 Jan 1996 03:39:02 -0500 you wrote:
>It simply seems to me that the pressure and flow are highly correlated. The
>package that the FROG came with states it is preset at 22SCFH. Hence, the
>regulator will try to keep the flow constant.  Even if my needle valve
>causes back pressure, it would build up and increase the bubble rate from
>what it was previously set at.
>Tyson Lee

Tyson, if you doubt what I say, try tank+FROG+gauge+needle-valve in that order
and close the needle valve.  The gauge will rise to 800PSI or so.  CFM is not
pressure, it is flow.  The FROG is a Flow Regulator, not a pressure regulator.
Flow and pressure are highly correlated, stop the flow and the pressure will go
through the roof.  Don't injure yourself, use proper equipment.

Dave Gomberg, Experimenta      San Francisco CA USA   gomberg at wcf_com