I am trying to encourage "planties" to auction plants at local
aquarium society auctions. To that end, if you send me plants, I
will put them in the SFAS auction and send you all the member's share
of the proceeds (at least, that is the offer for the January auction).
I might snitch a little of something as it comes by, but probably
not. Here's how it works:
1. Thin your plantings this weekend.
2. Mail me the extras on TUESDAY, US Mail, PRIORITY MAIL to
Dave Gomberg, 7 Gateview Court, San Francisco CA 94116-1941
3. Email me so I know to look for your package.
4. In the email, give me a couple of 20 character lines about your
eg: Apon. madagascarensis
Lace plant, leaves to 18"
5. I will label and bag them and take them to the auction Friday
You get your money (70% of sales price, as I recall) about three
weeks later. The prices they get are comparable to what stores
The big advantage is that the plants are much nicer.
That's it. I hope this works out to be beneficial for everyone.
Dave Gomberg, Experimenta San Francisco CA USA gomberg at wcf_com