-Shaji
(Your tireless list administrator :-))

---forwarded message---->

Oct 03 08:14:00 1995
 To:         'owner-aquatic-plants at actwin_com'                 (BNR400)
 From:       'christel at gov_nb.ca'                              (BNR400)
 Subject:    Roof de-icing cables

Has anyone ever considered using roof de-icing cables for substrate heating?
 They're on sale this week at the hardware store, and I've been thinking all
evening if they would serve our purpose.

From what I can see, we wouldn't need to worry about putting them under
water, because they're already waterproof.  What else do we need to
consider?  The company doesn't garantee them for any other use than on
rooftops, and doesn't recommend using them when temperatures are above 0
Celcius (freezing point).  Why not?  It doesn't say how hot the cables get.
 What would be the limit for our purpose?  Any other thoughts? Warnings?

thanks,

Christelle          christel at gov_nb.ca