Re: [APD] Cheap Plants

To expand on that, you'll usually get better stock from other
hobbyists (like on Liz's first link, APC).  Also, re "when you first
start you want the whole tank planted initially to help prevent having
algae issues", you'll generally want fast-growing stem plants for this
(read as "cheap and easy to get") to fill the tank, even if you
replace them later.