Re: [APD] Dark green slimy algae/BGA

Brian

I was going to suggest increased water flow as a treatment for BGA. I have
experienced success with this when I had small outbreaks of BGA in a low
tech tank. I just added a power head and the algae disappeared without any
medication.

I have also used UltraLife Reef Products Blue-Green algae Remover with
success in a tank containing 1 week old Neolamprologus leleupi fry. I didn't
want to use the EM as it said not to use with fry. I didn't loose any of the
fry.

Just a plain blackout will also kill BGA. No medication needed. I have used
a 7 day blackout without any damage to the plants or fish.

Jerry Smith
Bloomingdale, NJ