Re: [APD] Glass Aquariums Aging

Mariano F. Bonfante wrote:
> What should be the life expectancy of the silicon rubber in aquarium
> conditions? I was wondering if there would be sign of deterioration of it,
> prior losing strength or adhesive capacity.

I would imagine you would start to see weeping before you suffered any
catastrophic failure. I had a 40G tank once that wept from the joints.
You would have never known it with freshwater, but the salt from my
saltwater tank accumulated where the leaks were.

--
"He who throws dirt is sure to lose ground."

Jerry Baker