Re: [APD] Fw: DIY CO2 in a Red Sea Turbo Bio System?

--- Stuart Halliday <stuart at stuarthalliday_com> wrote:

> I believe S. Hieber wrote this email section below:
> > If you plod thorugh the apd archives, you can find a number of
> posts
> > regarding diff things to extend the life, mostly variations on
> sugar,
> > baking soda.
>

> >You might try some protein powder from a drugstore.
>
> That sounds expensive.

  As I'm currently considering adding my own DIY CO2 to my new planted
tank, it occurred to me that fish flakes, which I have lots of, are a
large part protein (~40%). Does anybody know if this would make a good
substitute, or is there other stuff in there that would have a negative impact?