Re: [APD] Random Musings on Ammonia Supplementation

Jerry Smith wrote:
> Are you planning to use Anhydrous Ammonia? I really don't think so. It is
> really nasty stuff. Extremely volitile. Boils at minus 28 F at 1 atmosphere
> pressure. I guess you are going to buy "ammonia" in a supermarket or some
> such place. That is an Ammonium Hydroxide solution. I don't know the
> concentration. Be careful to watch your pH. This is a strong base and will
> raise your pH.

I did mean the store-bought form of ammonium hydroxide. I have used it
in the past for quick tank cycling in marine tanks without using
animals. I don't know what the molar concentration of actual ammonia is
in the solution so a little experimenting will be in order, but I will
let the list know what happens.

--
Jerry Baker