Re: [APD] My goldfish are dying

On Wed, 31 May 2006 04:21:19 +0100, Vaughn Hopkins <hoppycalif at yahoo_com> wrote:

> One last idea:  Summer is rapidly approaching, with warmer
> temperatures.  Did the tank water temperature go up as a result?  I
> know goldfish like cool water, and if it were my tank they would be
> unhappy because my tank temperature has gone up about 4 or 5 degrees F
> with the warmer weather.  Now, my troubleshooting gun is out of ammo!
> Vaughn H.

Provided they can get enough oxygen goldfish (at least non-fancy varieties, I've never had fancy varieties) are quite happy up to and beyond 30 degrees Celcius (86F) (I've had them at 32 degrees (90F) for about a week). Warm water holds less oxygen though, so I had a airstone going.

--
Andrew McLeod
thefish at theabyssalplain_freeserve.co.uk

This email was scanned carefully before transmission to remove any content, information or relevance.