Re: [APD] driftwood

Thanks for the information on driftwood Scott.

As far as Cedar goes I believe Scott is correct saying that they are
different. I have a nice piece of cedar in my planted Discus tank and all of the
fish appear fine and the water doesn't change color.

When I collect driftwood before I put it in my tank, I power wash it and
then boil it. I have a big pot that I cook crawfish in so I can boil some  nice
size pieces of driftwood, I have to boil one side then the other on bigger
pieces. Anyway when I boiled the piece of Cedar it was one of the cleanest
pieces of wood I ever boiled. A lot wood turns the water pretty brown but the
cedar left the water pretty clear. The water did have a nice cedar smell even
though it was clear.

Bill