Re: [APD] Welcome to the "Aquatic-Plants" mailing list (Digest mode)

>   Hi,
>
>   I would like to know what is the best indicator for
> insufficient lighting?  I have 300gal newly setup tank and I
> have 2 150 watts Metal Halide and I have some plants that are
> still dying.  The plants that are dying are with red leaves.
> Some of the plants, e.g. Micranthemum umbrosum,have very nice
> roots but they are not growing very well, never grew an inch.
>  I have Co2 injection and almost all the plants will produce
> bubbles.  With this kind of situation, do I need to add a 150
> watts of MH?
>
>   Thanks,
>
>   Edison

300 W over a 300 gal tank seems too low for me.  The generic rule is the
watts per gallon.  I would stick with at least 2 watts per gallon of
tank.  Obviously there are many exceptions and variations of this as I'm
sure many people will point out.

-Nick