[APD] Plants not pearling, growing slowly

Our water is very soft. GH 0-1, KH about 2. The water that comes out of the
pipes here is pretty high in iron I'm sure. The building is over 100 years
old, and so is the piping. I have to let the water run for about 3-4 minutes
to get it barely orange.
Water temp is steady at 78. The problem started probably about 4-5 months
ago.
At the time I was overdosing potassium. After cutting back, the growth went
back to normal for about 2 leaves, then went right back.

> From: "Tom Wood" <tomwood2 at flash_net>
> Subject: Re: [APD] Plants not pearling, growing slowly
> To: <aquatic-plants at actwin_com>
>
> Hi James,
>
> You didn't say what your water for water changes is like. I've just been
> through a very frustrating search for the cure to very similar behavior.
My