Re: [APD] Effects of CO2 Concentration and Light Intensity on Photosynthesis

On 9/27/05, Jerry Baker <jerry at bakerweb_biz> wrote:> Jerry Baker wrote:> > http://www.aquabotanic.com/wp101.htm. Ah, research is fun.>> Would be more fun if I didn't have to be embarrassed and correct myself ;)>> 3.0 mmol per mole is 3 ppm. Seems odd. I don't know if they meant> millimoles or just chose for some reason to use "m" instead of "μ". If> they meant μmol mol-1, then they are saying that above 3 ppm> photosynthesis was producing less O2. Hmmm.
The measurement being referenced is the concentration of CO2 in the N2gas stream, not the concentration of CO2 dissolved in water.  Theabstract makes no reference to the concentration of CO2i n water. Since most of us don't deliver CO2 by means of an N2 gas stream theseresults have little if any meaning for us.
Liz
_______________________________________________Aquatic-Plants mailing listAquatic-Plants at actwin_comhttp://www.actwin.com/mailman/listinfo/aquatic-plants