[APD] Red color in plants, validating research

It seems someone else has come to the same conclusion as I have a few years ago.  I am working with these same folks at UC Davis.
"Spencer and Ksander 1990: Influence of temperature, light and nutrient limitation on anthocyanin content of Potamogeton gramineus L."
Fe had no effect, N and P did not increase the pigment either............the conclusion is what I've said previously: the chl a is masking the red color..............
So anyone that wants to show me why adding Fe etc helps plants turn more red anymore than simply providing overall health, or that N deficient plants are somehow healthier or more desirable, I'd like to hear arguments.
Regards,
Tom Barr

www.BarrReport.com