Re: [APD] Re: Are all stump removers created equal?

Bore holes in the top of the stump and some in the sides
angled slightly downward, pour in plenty of KNO3, add
water, wait for ages while the KNO3 "burns" away the wood
and develops some good wood rot, pour in kerosene or
similar petroleum combustible, ignite, apologize to
neighbors for the smoke and smell. Apologize to the
municipality for not not getting a burn permit -- pay fine.
Repeat these steps until the stump is below grade. Then
cover with fresh soil and a wickedly durable ground cover
plant.

A stump grinder probably requires less petroleum to
"remove" the same stump but the noise polution is much
higher, albeit short and temporary.

Another method is to cut your tree so that the stump is
about 30" high, flat, and level. Then place a tabletop
(material of your choosing) on the stump and pretend that
the whole thing is part of your yardscape.

Good luck
Scott H.