Re: [APD] easy water change suggestions

Phenolic plastics, such a the brandname bakelite, are still
around but mostly suplanted by newer concoctions that don't
yellow with age as easily (remember them old
used-to-be-white table-top radios?) Phenolic plastics tend
to get brittle quickly too especially if subjected to heat.

But it might work better for pump. Unfortunately, I think,
all of the "waterbed" pumps (Python, harvey, etc.) are made
by one company to one spec, except that the branding and
color is optional. Of course the plastic that *is* used
could have materials added to give it more tensile
strength. maybe the market is big enough to support a pump
that cost more than $5.

sh

--- Chris Hotte <ecwh at cogeco_ca> wrote:

> Shireen Gonzaga wrote:
>
> > Hi all ...
> >
> > I have totally had it with my python. The tap
> attachment makes me
> > nuts, and I've gone through 3 of them in the past two
> years.
> >
> Their actually waterbed filler/drainer attchments and you
> can get them
> at Walmart for $2. Unfortunately they are made of plastic
> and
> crack/missthread easily. I'm starting to go through the
> same as you
> before I have to replace soon. I would like to see
> stainless steel
> versions that would last forever. Unfortunately this is
> not the 1950's
> and we don't even make things in heavy bake-lite plastic
> anymore.
>
> - Chris.

=====
_Aquarium Plants_, Christel Kasselmann, will be speaking about plants and tanks at the NEC 30th Annual Convention

It's not too late to register. Get info at:

http://www.northeastcouncil.org/html/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=index