[APD] Re: Madagascar Lace Plants

----- Original Message -----
Message: 3
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2005 10:09:55 -0500 (EST)
From: "Richard J. Sexton" <richard at aquaria_net>
Subject: Re: [APD] Madagascar Lace Plants
To: aquatic plants digest <aquatic-plants at actwin_com>

At 09:21 AM 2/17/2005 -0500, you wrote:
I've always been enthralled by this plant. Every time I get one and bring
it home, it immediately flowers, then dies (or goes dormant). What's going
on? Any tips to keeping them green and growing?

They like it cool (58-62), good light and are massive feeders. Stick
something in the roots. IMO thereis no dormancy, just ran out of nutrients.
58-62?
Wow!
No wonder they don't like me.
Guess I'll stick it in the newt tank--they like it cool, too, and newt poop might just be the fertilizer it needs, eh?
Thanks, Richard.

JimK