[APD] Re: Screw in bulbs

>>Is it just me or are thse things really useless?

I have a 10 gallon tank and had two 15w flourescent
strip lights over it.  I switched out one of those
fixtures to an incandescent fixture and then used two
of the screw in type bulbs from Walmart, as
recommended to me by people here and on another forum.
 They are U-shaped and cost about $4.00 each and are
designed for aquariums and aquarium plants.  I think
they are 6700k.  I noticed no deterioration in
anything; in fact, I have a lovely carpet of glosso
now growing in.

Valerie