Re: [APD] Timers

The Intermatic DT17C (or DT27C) can run up to 14 on/off
programs per day or 112 or 98 per week respectively.

Has battery back up and the batt easily will last a year or
two if the unit is plugged in most of that time.

Accepts a grounded-plug appliance and 15 amp load.

http://www.intermatic.com/?action=prod&pid=203

Cost about $20 on-line. They carry them at Homedepot; the
one near me is currently charging $19.95.

Sometimes can be gotten through amazon for less, sometimes
on ebay.

I've used a number of these and although the lcd screen is
small, they are easy to program, reliable and don't care if
the thunderstorm turned you power off for a while.

sh

--- Reggie Bustinza <numbr_9 at hotmail_com> wrote:

> I'm looking for a sophisticated timer.  I have a small
> paludarium set up and
> i'm using an ultrasonic humidifier with it to provide a
> cool mist and keep
> the emersed plants moist.  However, I don't want to use a
> standard timer to
> control the mist; i'm looking for something that runs on
> an hourly cycle.
>
> In other words, I don't want it to be on for 12 hours and
> off for 12 hours.
> I want it to be on for 20 minutes then off for 40
> minutes.
>
> Does anybody know if such a timer exists and, if so,
> where I can get one??
>
> Thanks,
> Reggie
>

> www.reggiesaquaria.com

=====
Christel Kasselmann,
author of the best current authoritative text on aquatic plants
will be a featured speaker at
The Northeast Council of Aquarium Societies 30th Annual Convention.
March 18-20, 2005 at the Marriott Hotel, Farmington, CT