[APD] Willow moss going grey?

My willow moss has slowly started turning grey in my planted tank. It doesn't seem to depend much on pH or water quality. The water is soft (Portland Oregon water), and it's near the top of a 60 gallon, with 90 watts of lighting. I'm using CO2, but it seems to be gray even without the CO2.

The woman at the LFS said that it turned grey when it was getting too much light. Is this true?

Any suggestions? Should I be trying another kind of moss?

Jade