Re: [APD] RE: Aquatic-Plants Digest, Vol 15, Issue 20

The bulbs that are slow to get up to full light at normal
hosuehold temps usually have a programmed start. This
allows the bulbs to last longer than with instant start
ballasts. The rumors that it replicates the gradual dawning
of the sun are probably overstated ;-)

Scott H.
--- Katherine Yata <k_yata at hotmail_com> wrote:

> Check the local Home Depot. Mine carried 'daylight'
> commerical brand 6500K
> 19 watt and Philips brand daylight. I dislike the
> Philips, ugly light, slow
> to warm up, large. The Commerical bulb has a very nice
> color. It is too
> large for my ten gallon fixture, I prop the back end up
> so the bulb clears
> the cover glass.
> Kathy
>
> Message: 10
> Date: Tue, 9 Nov 2004 17:23:19 -0800 (PST)
> From: NYCMags
> Subject: [APD] Re: Mini CF bulbs
> To: aquatic-plants at actwin_com
>
> I've seen a couple of brands of mini CF bulbs
> avertised lately, between 20 and 25w each. One is
> called Colormax by Coralife.
>
> I am wondering if these would fit and work in a All
> Glass 10 gallon incandescent light strip. They are
> apparently self-ballasted and look light they might
> screw in, but never having seen them, I have no idea.
>
> Anyone used these with an incandescent light fixture?
>
> Valerie

=====
The biggest AGA Convention was an outstanding success. Two presentations by Jan Bastmeijer, two by Amano (one of which, Ben Bolton found to be a ribtickler). . .Walstad, Senske, Olvier Knott from Germany, Krombholtz. This was the most broadly international convention so far . . . People came from the USA, England, Italy, Poland, Netherleands, Germany, Japan, Canada . . .