[APD] Dosing when lights are on or off???

Hi,

I dose ferrous gluconate on a daily basis (Same iron as in Seachem products). Plants consume the thing in a matter of few hours. But work schedule sometime doesn't allow me to see my tank when lights are on. So my question is - on those busy days - does it make sense to dose at midnight?? I mean - would plants consume it and then use it for photosynthesis the day after? What's the ideal strategy? Dose the minutes lights are on?

VRK.