[APD] re: local rivers, creeks, etc. in the Bay Area

Good morning all, this message is directed to Tom Barr and anyone else that has been in the San Francisco Bay Area and found plants in local rivers, creeks, streams, etc...  where have you gone to find plants that are suitable for the aquarium?

I went to two local creeks in my area and have found nothing but crawdads and freshwater clams....and some huge aquatic plants, but nothing that would look good or fit in the aquarium...=(

Thank you,
Hubs