[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: T'was not quite what I'd listed
- To: <Aquatic-Plants at actwin_com>
- Subject: Re: T'was not quite what I'd listed
- From: Thomas Barr <tcbiii at earthlink_net>
- Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2003 11:49:12 -0400
- In-reply-to: <200307240905.h6O959T1022403@otter.actwin.com>
- User-agent: Microsoft-Outlook-Express-Macintosh-Edition/5.02.2022
> Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2003 14:05:49 -0500
> From: "Ann Viverette" <annv777 at houston_rr.com>
> Subject: T'was not quite what I'd listed
> The children still were nestled all snug in the bed
> as I browsed all the forums, checked email and read.
> When up from the tank there a rose such a clatter
> I turned from the screen to see what was the matter
> and what to my wondering eyes should appear
> why Trumpet Snails hide in my tank is now clear.
> A big rosy barb, all piggy and fat,
> was attacking a snail at the glass, rat-a-tat.
> She sucked it and slammed it then tossed it aside
> near the other I'd found that I'd thought had just died.
> Near the bits of ulvaceus, the vals and the melons,
> I knew she ate algae, but oh, my, what a felon!
> The lettuce I fed her last night slowly waved
> almost gone now and yet she eats snails, I'm amazed.
> I think I shall keep her, and those two of her brood
> but I'll add snails to the list of what she thinks is food.
> by Anonapersona