[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: How do they do it?
- To: Aquatic-Plants at actwin_com
- Subject: Re: How do they do it?
- From: David Whittaker <dwhitt at sympatico_ca>
- Date: Sun, 18 May 2003 22:40:41 -0400
- References: <200305181114.h4IBEbqD028868@otter.actwin.com>
Greger Lindstrand asked how to get Anubias bartieri to grow
I've had best results growing them on driftwood directly
under MH lighting with CO2 injection and some fast growing
stem plants such as rotala sp.
My neighbour grows them successfully on a gravel substrate
using 1.25 watts per gallon with neither CO2, nor micro-
nutrients, nor macronutrients. Every year he takes them out
for a 3 or 4 minute bleach treatment. They are smallish, but
look pretty good.
Some of the larger Anubias species have not done well for
me unless grown emersed.
As Tom Barr mentioned, stability seems to be a factor.