How do they do it?

Roger Miller:

I once had some A. nana in a sunlit, unfertilized aquarium
with guppies and
ghost shrimp.  The pH in that tank would get very high
during the day.  The
plant grew slowly, but it's leaves always remained deep
green and they never
showed a spec of algae.  It always looked like a plastic
plant straight out
of the package :)

Uh, Roger, did you look real close for marks from the mold?
;-)

Bristlenose plecos aka bushynose cats aka Ancistrus
temminki do avery good job of scrubbing anubias -- much
better than me and much more frequently/regularly.

Scott H.