Re: Crypt ciliata or pontederiifolia

>>Yesterday at the local wholesaler's I came across 3 plants that I believe
are C ciliata or possibly a pontederiifolia subspecies. C pontederiifolia is
quite common in Japanese LFS but this one is dissimilar from the other
examples of the plants I usually see. I checked with the photos in Aquarium
Plants, Rataj & Horeman but I'm having doubts about what these 3 plants
actually are.<<

Well ciliata is smooth in texture while pontederiifolia is puckered. Ciliata
has thicker, fleshier leaves and either long and pointed or long and oval.
Pontederfolia leaves are smaller and more round shaped. At least this
describes all the plants I have seen.

Robert Paul Hudson
www.aquabotanic.com
Visit the AB forums