[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Brown crypts, purple aponogeton
- To: Aquatic Plants Digest <Aquatic-Plants at actwin_com>
- Subject: Brown crypts, purple aponogeton
- From: Vahe Ganapetyan <vahe at hotbox_ru>
- Date: Mon, 23 Dec 2002 03:25:54 +0400
- In-reply-to: <200212221159.gBMBxWGA029424 at otter_actwin.com>
- References: <200212221159.gBMBxWGA029424 at otter_actwin.com>
My plants show strange behavior - all cypts look well and healthy but,
as soon as I plant the "green" species (like C.affinis), all the new
leaves get the color of C.wendtii, or even darker brown. The leaves
also get some "pattern" like in C.aponogetonifolia - bte, the latter
gives normal green leaves. In the same tank I have an A.undulatus
which grows well but the leaves are browninsh or purple color.
Nomaphila grows well, but synnema doesn't grow high - it grows well
but stays near the ground.
Unfortunately, no test kits are available at my place so I cannot
analyse the water and have to rely on symptoms only. Can someone help
me in finding the causes?
THis is a 75gal tank with 180W lighting, CO2 injection
(~1.5-2 bubbles/sec, off at night), densely populated with plants and
some 80 not large fish. I add microelement mis every morning and make
about 20% water change in the night, clean the substrate every 10-14
days. I can see plants "bubble" with oxygen only after water changes,
before lights go off.
Any comments are much appreciated