Myriophyllum Aquaticum

Most information on growing this plant submersed states that it should be
grown in bright light.  Is 3 watts/gal. excessive for this plant?  I recently
received a shipment of this plant, in the emersed state.  Not having grown it
before I'm not sure how it will change.  My current worry is that the tips of
the taller plants, closer to the light are turning brown.  Tips of shorter
plants are still green.  What should I expect?  And thanks if you have an
answer.

multipart/alternative
  text/html
---