[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Loaches, shrimps etc
- To: <Aquatic-Plants at actwin_com>
- Subject: Re: Loaches, shrimps etc
- From: Thomas Barr <tcbiii at earthlink_net>
- Date: Sat, 12 Oct 2002 14:52:55 -0400
- In-reply-to: <200210120753.g9C7rH87004469 at mailhub_actwin.com>
- User-agent: Microsoft-Outlook-Express-Macintosh-Edition/5.02.2022
> I've used various loaches in the past to control snails but I'm wondering if
> loaches will pose any danger to Amano shrimp and Bumblebee shrimp. The
> little critters are too cute to see on anyone's dinner menu. Can I safely
> introduce a few loaches to control snails without worry that they will want
> shrimp cocktail after the escargot?
> James Purchase
Best bet is to add Zebra loach, Botia striata... small ones. Add shrimps
first for a month of two till they get fattened up some.
Then add fish.
That would do the best.
I've had then together but never did a shrimp count etc. I'm sure if things
got real hungry, anything is possible.
FWIW, I've had Amano shrimps eat small cardinals when i release them from a