Re: plant suggestions / tangled roots

: Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2002 13:46:19 -0700
: From: "Roxanne Bittman" <rbittman at dfg_ca.gov>
: Subject: plant suggestions: tangled roots
:
: I think most "stem plants" have this problem.  There is always going to
: be some maintenance required with these plants involving trimming and,
: after awhile, pulling/cutting/and replanting.  If you don't like this
: answer, you could consider plants that don't need trimming at all:
: aponogetons, cryptocorynes, vallisneria, sagittaria, crinum, etc.  But,
: even these finally grow too crowded in time and need to be thinned.
: Roxanne Bittman

I don't mind trimming, pruning, or thinning out plants.  In fact, I enjoy
that part.  The part I do not like is having to dig up the base part of
the plants to replant the tops.   Basically, I guess I'm looking for good
growing plants that don't have roots that grow from the leaf joints. :)

Robert