re: Tank safe paint

Folks,

I asked a couple years ago about ways to color PVC pipe.  I received several
suggestions about how to paint the pipe.  What I actually wanted was a way to
dye the pipe, but it seems that noone had anything to say about dye.

One possibility I considered was adding pigment to the purple primer used
with PVC cement.  The primer is a pretty effective dye.  It seems like
starting with the purple-colored primer it would be possible to color it to
black or grey, but other colors might be difficult.  If you could find the
uncolored base for the primer then that might be tinted to other colors.

I ended up just using grey PVC pipe.  I would *still* rather have the pipe
dyed green or black.

Roger Miller