Re: Aquatic Plants Digest V5 #224

>Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2002 07:06:02 -0400
>From: "Gitte" <eladeria at rogers_com>
>Subject: RE: Clown Loach
>
>Hi Chad,
>
>Clown loaches usually like to be in groups of 6 or more.  Otherwise they
>tend to be a bit shy and hide a lot.
>
>I don't know whether your tank is new?  These are not good fish for a
>new tank.

It is a new tank but I've been keeping an eye on water quality.  The tank
is heavily planted and many types are growing like crazy.  Last night one
of the clowns came out about half an hour before the timer goes off.  He
cruised around, checked out other tank mates, etc.  He looked pretty
good.  I am planning on adding more as I know they liked to be in
groups.  I was hoping 3 or 4 would be enough but I may need more.  I'll
have to grow new snails somewhere for this many clowns.  :)

CS