Gradually Hardening Water

This one has me a bit stumped.  My tap water has been
about 5-6 dGH.  I'll do a change with that and maybe a
week or week and a half later it's up to 9.  There is
nothing to make the water harder that I can think of.
I thought it might be the old gravel underneath the
Flourite but the same thing happened in a newly set up
10 gallon with all Flourite.  I'm only adding kno3,
Flourish products, potassium phosphate in small
amounts, and fish food.  I've never heard of Flourite
making the water harder.  How could this be happening?

Thanks, Cavan