RE: Test Kits

Diane,

I wouldn't spend any additional money on test kits. For test kits you'll
want a nitrite, Ph, KH, and Fe. You're much better off right now investing
in ferts. I'm just starting in this planted aquaria thing myself (8 months
now I think) best investment ever, was going the PMDD route. I bought my
recipe ingredients through http://www.hydroponics.com/info/aquatics/pmdd.htm
It Cost me a total of $35 including the cost of UPS shipping. They even send
you the recipe. I cut the recipe by 50% and keep it in an old Sera
fertilizer bottle. Huge difference in plant growth. I even upped my KNO3%
for my particular tank and it has been helping the plants to out-compete the
GW bloom that is always waiting to strike. If you can use measuring spoons,
then you can mix your ferts. The amount I purchased will easily last me a
year. One 300ml bottle of Sera fert at my LFS cost $15. I can't afford that
every three weeks! Good luck