Re: More about SAEs

Rachel Sandage asked:

> Assuming I could catch them, would the otos and amano shrimp do
> the
> same job the SAEs are supposed to be doing?

They don't do the same job for me, but then I only have about 1 shrimp
per five gallons.

But certainly you can catch the SAEs.  They are suckers for the bottle
trap.  When I used a bottle trap to evacuate some fish from a tank
once, the biggest problem was that I kept catching SAEs instead of the
target fish.  Patience presided.

SAEs and otos seem to have their own methods and tastes.  The shrimp
seem to take whatever they find.  Just my own experience.

Scott H.