Notes from a Newbie

     Recently I saw a thread in regards to Ick in a planted tank, and shortly
thereafter, I too developed an Ick problem in my 10 gal planted tank. It was
about this time that I also noticed that my temp had dropped too low. I
turned the heat back up, and did try a 'preventative dose' of a product I had
here "Aquari-Sol" with no visible results. After two days, during which the
Ick seemed to be spreading, I thought I should try something else. A few
people made mention of a garlic elixir, but I didn't have time to go looking
for it, so I thought I would try a little experiment. I cut up a clove of
garlic and stuck that in the tank. It's now been two days more, and the Ick
seems to have receded. I don't know if this is in direct relation to the
addition of the garlic, or simply coincidence, possibly the raising of the
temp alone would have acheived the same result? I just thought I would share
this and see what anyone else has to say about it.
     Thanks for all the good advice and discussions on here. Keep up the good
work. Back to lurking mode now, :)

Darcy B

multipart/alternative
  text/html