White mold

Greetings all,

I've got a 10 gal lightly planted tank with DIY CO2 and a relatively small fish load.  The other day while performing a partial water change  I noticed a fuzzy white mold growing on the inside of the hood, around the lip of the tank, and inside the hang-on filter box just above the water line.

Is this an indication of something more foul?  Is this harmful to the fish/plants?  I know that mold spores tend to grow in moist areas (e.g. the attraction to the aquarium), but is there anyway to prevent the growth of mold or am I fighting an endless battle?  Also, I live in Florida where the relative humidity stays quite high, especially this time of the year--I'm quite sure this is a factor.

Any help or advice is much appreciated.

Thanks,
  -Robert

See Dave Matthews Band live or win a signed guitar
http://r.lycos.com/r/bmgfly_mail_dmb/http://win.ipromotions.com/lycos_020201/splash.asp