[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: pH/KH/CO2 table
- To: <Aquatic-Plants at actwin_com>
- Subject: Re: pH/KH/CO2 table
- From: Thomas Barr <tcbiii at earthlink_net>
- Date: Thu, 04 Apr 2002 16:02:30 -0800
- In-reply-to: <200204042048.g34Km1o24889 at acme_actwin.com>
- User-agent: Microsoft-Outlook-Express-Macintosh-Edition/5.02.2022
> CO2 - 48ppm = 48mg/L
> Alkalinity - 70ppm = approx. 4deg kH
> pH - 8.0!! (should be around 6.5 according to the chart, assuming the other
> values are true)
Well, it is very doubtful. I'd stick to the chart. Most(99%) folks run low
on DIY CO2, not too high.
> My other relevant data: 40gal mod to moderately-heavy planted tank (S.
> American plant species) set up since Feb. 5th, DIY trickle filter,
> laterite+flourite substrate, pressurized CO2 at about 1bubble/sec, PC
> flourescents (48" 2x65W Custom Sealife BriteLite) 150w WeissLite, using
> PMDD. Temporarily, I have 8 black mollies.
I'd say poo poo the CO2 kit.
Stick with pH and KH from now on.
Don't add any weird pH adjusting buffers.
> - Lew