[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
RE: No more stems?
- To: Aquatic-Plants at actwin_com
- Subject: RE: No more stems?
- From: "don" <don at calimages_com>
- Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2002 15:12:23 GMT
- In-Reply-To: <200202100848.g1A8m2o13077 at actwin_com>
- References: <200202100848.g1A8m2o13077 at actwin_com>
I dunno... I like the buffer that fast growing stem plants offer. Like an
extra nutrient sink.
Plus, when there's a problem in my tank, the stem plants show its effects
first. So they're my canary in a coal mine too.
Besides: What are you gonna trade with your LFS? :-)
Subject: No more stems?
I am thinking of some changes in my 90 gallon. I might remove all the stem
plants and go to all crypt and anubias. I currently have 320 watts (mix of
ten 32watt T8's.) I inject co2 and use kent liquids. Will I need to reduce
the amount of light ? I am a bit affraid that once the stems are gone I will
have algae troubles.
Any insight greatly appreciated.