Re: No more stems? When is a tank no longer new?

Paulio629 at aol_com writes:  > I might remove all the stem
> plants ... I am a bit affraid that once the stems are gone I will have
> algae troubles.

       I have a similar question.  I was told to include fast growing plants
in my new tank to compete with algae, and I did. That was a month ago.
Although it was initially exciting to see the stem plants grow 1-2" a day, I
now feel that those fast growing plants are a pain, since they have to be
taken out and cut in half once each week.  [I have a 100 gal. with 220 watts
of compact flourescents, and a CO2 system.]
       When is a tank no longer new, so that you don't need those stem
speedsters?  I already removed the Parrot Feather, since that was rediculous.
 The ambulia will be next, even though I love it.
       Thanks.

David Brown

multipart/alternative
  text/html